Key points covered by NSW EPA at this meeting were:
- Kate Herring identified that there are proposed changes to the CLM Act and CLM Regulation to promote better consistency and provide process for tracking Management Plans.
- Anthea White provided an alert that Draft Auditor Guidelines released and identified notable proposed changes:
- Requirement for Auditor to Notify EPA immediately of suspected false and misleading information, inaccurate waste classification, waste that has been taken to a facility that cannot lawfully receive the waste
- Auditors are required to attach a Remediation Action Plan or Environmental Management Plan to the Site Audit Statement
- Auditor’s are able to collect verification samples
- Helen Prifti alerted all to new waste guidance for PFAS
- Andrew Hawkins confirmed that Chemical Control Orders are currently being reviewed. Patricia Fabiano foreshadowed some likely changes with respect to pesticides.